[linux-elitists] Info on SCO Lawsuit

Ben Woodard ben@zork.net
Wed May 28 11:11:11 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 10:46, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Ben Woodard quotation of Wed, May 28, 2003 at 10:33:04AM -0700:
>
> > How did you pull that one out of the largess of the books of wisdom?
>
> Mozilla.  Make a bookmark like this:
>
> Location: http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=simple&format=Long&q1=%s
> Keyword:  kjv

OOPS I guess my question wasn't clear enough.

Try 2: In the vastness of all human philosophy and wisdom compiled over
the ages, how did you happen to select such an apropos proverb to
succinctly capture the essence of MS's praise for SCO.

One thing that has been rolling around in my head is: How much exegesis
we can actually do to the public statements made by SCO officials. Like
the rest of us, their use of the English language is imprecise. I wonder
how many of the inconsistencies we see are due to that imprecision vs.
the evolution of the case. It certainly feels like we are dealing with a
moving target here. However, I'm not sure how much of that is due to the
case being limited to something that may in fact be provable vs. unclear
explanations by the SCO executives.

-ben