[linux-elitists] "Microsoft to license Unix code"

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon May 19 09:00:19 PDT 2003

<quote who="Ed Carp">

> Tagging something a "conspiracy theory" is usually used in a denigrating
> manner, to get your opponent to shut up.  Please leave your denigrating
> attitude at home.

Without any evidence to suggest that MS licensing UNIX code has anything to
do with the SCO/IBM lawsuit, what else are we playing at? I'm sorry you're
painting my comments in black and white, assuming that I have an opposing
view somewhere along the line... I'm interested in reasonable evidence, so
we don't sound like whinging children when we complain.

Without multiple sources verifying involvement or interest, this is just
another business deal, unrelated to topical events of the day. :-)

- Jeff

    Markets are what you sell bubbly health drinks, fluorescent blow up
                furniture and mobile phone ring melodies to.