[linux-elitists] "Microsoft to license Unix code"

Ed Carp erc@pobox.com
Mon May 19 08:51:06 PDT 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Jeff Kinz">
>
> > > ... or are they just covering their arses?
> >
> > And funding SCO's lawsuit indirectly without being publicly involved
> > themselves.
>
> Yes, it's interesting and fun conjecture, which is coming up on every geeky
> mailing list on the planet right now, but is there anything to it beyond
> fireside conspiracy stories?
>
> Topical does not necessarily equal conspiracy, especially when there's
> little evidence suggesting so.

It doesn't have to.  If I were Bill Gates, that certainly sounds like
something I'd do.  If I showed up at your house, is it a "conspiracy
theory" to theorize that I used a commercial airline to get there?

Tagging something a "conspiracy theory" is usually used in a denigrating
manner, to get your opponent to shut up.  Please leave your denigrating
attitude at home.