[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Sat May 17 21:01:23 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 12:15:25AM -0500, Ed Carp said:

> That the guy was re-elected with a majority of the popular vote (I assume
> your figures are correct, but I had heard differently) just testifies to
> the stupidity of the average American.

He wasn't.  The figures are correct, asshat's interpretation of them
doesn't refute anything I said or anything you said.  He's just several
days behind in his email and skimming quickly, so he misunderstood.

Clinton didn't receive a majority of the popular vote; he received the
largest block of votes, but it wasn't a majority.

Most people didn't vote at all; most people who did vote didn't vote for
Clinton.  The point of my post, which it appears everybody over some
minimum IQ theshold got, was that it didn't MATTER that he didn't get a
majority of the popular vote; he got a majority of the electoral votes,
and that's all that matters in the US.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any