[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Jesse Hutton jhutton@eden.rutgers.edu
Fri May 16 22:08:48 PDT 2003

on Tue, May 13, 2003 at 08:28:49AM -0400, Shawn McMahon (smcmahon@eiv.com) wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 07:00:54AM +0100, Karsten M. Self said:
> >
> > we had a democratically elected president.  Why leave?  ;-)
>
> Clinton had a lower percentage of the popular vote than Bush.  He won
> the electoral college, just like Bush.  The only reason you guys keep
> trotting this crap out is because it happened to you, not for you, this
> time.  Get over it.  If you don't like how the Constitution specifies
> our Presidents are elected, work to change it.

Excuse me, but Clinton won BOTH elections ('92 and '96) in the popular
vote AND and electoral college.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/frametextj.html

In 1992, yes, he had a "lower percentage of the popular vote than Bush"
did in 2000, but that was only because Ross Perot got almost 19% of it
that year.  Bush senior had LESS of the popular vote than Clinton that
year.  As for the 96 election, your statement is false no matter how
you would wish to twist the meaning.

So, why don't you go pedal your CRACK somewhere else?  I'm not even a
Clinton fan--let's face it, the guy was kind of a sleaze.  But, right
wing neo-facists like yourself, who are constantly MAKING SHIT UP, annoy
me.

Get a life.

Jesse