[linux-elitists] [mds@hsmds2.prnewswire.com: SCO Suspends Distribution of Linux Pending Intellectual Property...]

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu May 15 03:07:28 PDT 2003

Quoting Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com):
> On Wed, 14 May 2003, Don Marti wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiosity, can anyone substantiate having received a
> > Caldera demo CD without source after May 15, 2000?  They may have
> > been handing them out at Comdex that fall but I don't know for sure.
>
> I have in my collection:
>  - OpenLinux 2.3 (c) 2000 Caldera
>  - OpenLinux Server 3.1.1 (c) 2002 Caldera
>
> Both have a notation on the CD saying "source code at caldera.com", the
> URLs in question being:
>
>  - www.calderasystems.com/eserver
> and
>  - www.caldera.com/support/docs/openlinux
>
> The top one is 404, and I couldn't see any reference to code in the bottom
> one...

Just in case it wasn't obvious, the reason Don specified May 15, 2000 is
on account of the three-year written offer period required if you're
satisfying your GPL source-access obligation via the clause 3b method.

OK, so we've established GPL violation.

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.