[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Modus Operandi modus@as220.org
Wed May 14 21:16:12 PDT 2003

Nick Moffitt <nick@zork.net> looked into the void, and said:
> begin  Shawn McMahon  quotation:
> > Yes, when anybody responds to your or another liberal's little
> > political jabs, you always wish the other side wouldn't discuss
> > politics.  There's no need to point it out, Nick, we know.
>
> 	No really, this ISN'T crackmonkey.  Your ABSURD LIBERAL MYTH
> trolls are just OFF-TOPIC here.

  Yes, this is exactly why I unsubbed from the crackmonkey list and
  subscribed to linux-elitists instead. The myriad lies of the Bush
  administration are well-documented, and yet there's this incredible
  denial permeating our culture. I get sick of hearing both sides of the
  argument, especially after enduring infinite repeated loops of it.

  I don't mind a bit of political discourse on a list supposedly devoted
  to Free Software, but when the same old flamewars flood my inbox over
  and over again, I wonder whether I'd be happier just signing off.

  To bring the topic back to linux-elitism (if not all the way to a free
  handheld computer) I'd like to interject that the central issue in the
  Florida poll situation is that the private company hired by the state
  of Florida to purge Blacks and Democrats from voter rolls used secret,
  proprietary technology to do so. When journalists try to ask them any
  questions about it, they can beg off because it's a "trade secret."

  Regardless of your views about the currently reigning administration,
  cheerleading for crooked pollsters using secret proprietary software
  to determine who should and should not vote in a state is completely
  antithetical to the spirit of Free Software.

  Conservatives and Liberals, Democrats and Republicans, even Greens and
  Libertarians should be outraged at what happened in Florida. If you
  are an honest person with beliefs that you hold dear, you should want
  your candidate to win in a fair fight -- not a dirty one.

--
/home/modus/.signature