Correction WRT KQED site design (was Re: [linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Wed May 14 14:06:11 PDT 2003

on Wed, May 14, 2003 at 04:58:12PM +0100, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

>     (Rant:  KQED's redesigned their website.  Forum search is by "page",
>     not calendar date.  Show audio links are javascript, not URLs.  Both
>     factors are major usability drags.  The page design company,
>     Conxion.com, has been doing major underwriting spots on KQED; their
>     work frankly stinks).

I've received the following correction from KQED:

    Conxion is our hosting vendor and they have nothing to do with the user
    interface for the site. The site design was done by 415 and the backend
    (which you are complaining about) was done by Deloitte Consulting.

...which should clear things up somewhat.

I'll note that all three of these firms run underwriting credits on
KQED.

I'll also note that I wouldn't care nearly so much if I didn't feel KQED
was an excellent community resource, and if I wasn't very pleasantly
amazed to find them beating me to the punch with Palast by nine months.

Peace.

    Reform three-strikes:  stop jailing nonviolent offenders.
    http://www.amend3strikes.org/