[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Tue May 13 21:44:24 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:54:05AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Shawn McMahon (smcmahon@eiv.com):
> > Residual vote rates for blacks in Cook County, Illinois in
> > 1998 were almost identical to those of blacks in Florida in 2000, and
> > are consistent with what happens in EVERY race using those kinds of
> > voting machines....
> This is of course non-sequitur to the preceding post, which concerned
> voters (selectively) being illegally told they weren't on the voting rolls, or
> physically blocked from travel to the polls.  Which came as no surprise
> to those familiar with the state's uniquely pathetic pattern in that area.

	While there were problems with the voter roll purges
	(proprietary software, a complete opaque system &&etc), post
	election investigation showed that the "police road blocks"
	thing was a total canard--the closest roadblock to a polling
	place was a drunk driving checkpoint over a mile away.

--
I tried to tell her about Marx and Engels,
God and Angels