[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue May 13 21:15:00 PDT 2003

Quoting Ben Finney (bignose@zip.com.au):

> An alternative directory of free software for PalmOS:
>   <http://www.palmopensource.com/>

I was in contact with the site admin, Ludovic Drolez, in December 2000,
and contributed quite a bit of content for it (in fact, the entire
contents of my collection).  The big problem with that site at the time
is that it included quite a bit of proprietary software, misclassifying
it as open source.

At a quick glance, I still see at least one proprietary application (Top
Gun SSH), but it looks a lot cleaner.  I've just learned from experience
that most people's listings of such software completely screw up their
information on licensing.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                     Age, baro, fac ut gaudeam.