[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Martin Pool mbp@samba.org
Tue May 13 17:07:04 PDT 2003

On 13 May 2003, "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>   - Killer apps.  Two of 'em now.  One is Keyrigh, a secured database
>     for holding passwords.  I hav etoo many, can't keep 'em straight,
>     and appreciate being able to carry them with me...but encrypted so
>     that others can't pry.

It's nice to hear that you like Keyring.

I have given up doing free software development on PalmOS.

If I were to go back, I think I would do shareware or something like
the Ghostscript licence, or perhaps at most sell binaries and give
free source.  There is just not a good free software culture --
everybody expects things to be $10 shareware.

Keyring was plagiarized three times; twice in contravention of the GPL
and once strictly inside it, but in poor taste.

--
Martin