[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Ed Carp erc@pobox.com
Tue May 13 09:31:59 PDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Ed Carp (erc@pobox.com):
>
> > How is this not completely unrelated to the topic?  Ejecting black voters
> > has nothing to do with the Constitution!
>
> Unfortunately, ejecting Florida from the Union is not yet provided for by
> the Constitution.  It will be necessary to pass an enabling amendment.

Well, since i live in Florida at the moment, I might have something to say
about that!  But I still don't understand your objections!  Blck voters
weren't disenfranchised in the 2000 election, if that's what you're
implying.  In fact, Democrats went to extraordinary (and illegal, I might
add) lengths to get black and other minority voters to the pools (because
minorities almost always vote Democratic), even offering them free rides,
cigarettes, and other incentives.  I wouldn't call that disenfranchisement
- I'd call that fraud.

If you have a problem with George Bush being elected President, take it up
with Congress.  But don't bitch and moan about how the electin was
"stolen" from you because your guy didn't win.