[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Tue May 13 09:26:07 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 11:18:27AM -0500, Ed Carp said:

> > We're going to eject a state that illegally tells many black voters that
> > they can't vote because they're mysteriously missing from the voting
> > rolls, where many more were delayed at suddenly introduced police
> > roadblocks so they couldn't get to the polls, and that's basically been
> > notorious for electoral corruption since God was a teenager?  Cool.
>
> How is this not completely unrelated to the topic?  Ejecting black voters
> has nothing to do with the Constitution!

Ignore him.  Residual vote rates for blacks in Cook County, Illinois in
1998 were almost identical to those of blacks in Florida in 2000, and
are consistent with what happens in EVERY race using those kinds of
voting machines, but the former isn't a problem and the latter
is because the latter hurt a Democrat.  Ignore Moen, he left the
"facts and supportable allegations" portion of the discussion and
went straight to "Crackmonkey spills over into Linux Elitists" almost
immediately in his first post.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any