[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Jeff Kinz jkinz@kinz.org
Tue May 13 07:13:16 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 08:28:49AM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 07:00:54AM +0100, Karsten M. Self said:
> >
> > we had a democratically elected president.  Why leave?  ;-)
>
> Clinton had a lower percentage of the popular vote than Bush.  He won
> the electoral college, just like Bush.  The only reason you guys keep
> trotting this crap out is because it happened to you, not for you, this
> time.  Get over it.  If you don't like how the Constitution specifies
> our Presidents are elected, work to change it.

hmm - My data shows that clinton got a much higher percentage of the popular
vote then bush Sr.  Bush Sr  38%,  Clinton 43%,  Perot 19% (WOW!)

http://ccrc.wustl.edu/~lorracks/dsv/diss/node19.html
(Page done to the table, which is, unfortunately. a gif, or I would have posted
it here.)

I'm a non-partisan citizen.  I don't like either party much.
If I had a dog, I might have voted for it for president before any of
the candidates we have had for the past 20 or so years. Maybe more.  :-)

But I vote, so I have the right to complain.  (natter natter matter... :-)

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz@kinz.org
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an