[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Ben Woodard woodard@redhat.com
Thu May 8 11:05:18 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 10:17, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:34:10AM -0700, Mister Bad wrote:
> >
> > I'm actually looking for something _larger_ than a palmtop, but
> > smaller than a notebook computer, which could be a replacement for
> > both.
> >
> > The size I'm thinking about is around the level of a Newton or a Poqet
> > PC (http://bmason.best.vwh.net/PoqetPC/index.shtml) -- roughly
> > 10cm x 20cm x 5cm, give or take.
>
> Hm, I have something a bit bigger, a Fujitsu Lifebook:
> 	http://www.emperorlinux.com/piranha.html
> 26cm x 17cm x 4cm

It is good to know that Fujitsu makes computers that work well with
linux. I've been thinking about one of their tablet computers. Anyone
ever try linux on one of Fujitsu's Stylistic line of computers?
e.g.
http://www.fujitsupc.com/www/products_pentablets.shtml?products/pentablets/stylistic_p600

Also is there any way to make X run in portrait mode vs. landscape?