[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu May 8 10:17:46 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:34:10AM -0700, Mister Bad wrote:

> I'm actually looking for something _larger_ than a palmtop, but
> smaller than a notebook computer, which could be a replacement for
> both.
>
> The size I'm thinking about is around the level of a Newton or a Poqet
> PC (http://bmason.best.vwh.net/PoqetPC/index.shtml) -- roughly
> 10cm x 20cm x 5cm, give or take.

Hm, I have something a bit bigger, a Fujitsu Lifebook:
	http://www.emperorlinux.com/piranha.html
26cm x 17cm x 4cm

Runs Linux great, wonderful battery life, and can watch dvds anytime I
want.  Also works great to sit down and type at and doesn't take up your
whole backpack at all.

The EmperorLinux guys were pretty helpful too, turns out their price was
cheaper than the on-street price in Hong Kong was (and that was with
Windows only).  Getting a computer installed already with Linux on it,
and everything already tweaked properly for the hardware was a very
strange feeling.  Nice though, I could get used to it :)

greg k-h