[linux-elitists] Handheld computer - as free as can be

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu May 8 09:42:15 PDT 2003

On Thursday 08 May 2003 09:34, Mister Bad wrote:
> I'd want to have something that was comfortable for doing stylus input
> -- small enough that I could hold it in my (pretty big) hand without a
> lot of trouble -- but also something I could sit down and type at
> without having to hunch my shoulders and squint a lot.
>
> It doesn't have to fit in a suit pocket -- just be small enough that
> it doesn't take up my entire backpack.
>
> And, of course, it has to run Linux.
>
> Any suggestions?

Sony Picturebook, although I'm not certain how the new one with Transmeta
chip runs Linux, but since Linus is at Transmeta presumably it runs it
well...:-/ The older one with Pentium ran it fine, and there's even a driver
for the camera.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.