[linux-elitists] ??food for thought??

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Mon May 5 06:13:05 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 12:00:32PM -0700, Timothy N. Tuck said:

> We all know Microsoft would love any chance regardlessly of how slim to make
> linux go away, one way to make them go away might be to buy SCO and pray they
> aren't bluffing and really have a case against IBM.

Microsoft wouldn't buy them and "pray they aren't bluffing".  They'd
only buy them after sitting down with engineers and lawyers and being
CERTAIN they're not bluffing.  In fact, I'd venture that if Microsoft
made an offer, that'd be pretty good evidence they have a compelling
case.  (Not that it'd prove they're right, just that it'd be evidence
that it's not a bluff.)

It's in Microsoft's best interest that the case continue with an
independant SCO.  Unless they think SCO is going to win, of course, in
which case their worth will go up and it's better to buy them while
they're low.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any