[linux-elitists] quote of the day

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sat May 3 21:54:07 PDT 2003

on Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:32:05AM +0200, Mikael Pawlo (mikael@pawlo.com) wrote:
> At 13.14 -0700 03-05-02, Don Marti wrote:
> >Quote of the Day:
> >"We're finding...cases where there is line-by-line code in the Linux
> >kernel that is matching up to our UnixWare code."
> >Darl McBride
> (---)
>
> I have been looking for a quote I might have gotten from Ditherati or some
> place completely different .-) I might also have dreamt it, who knows?
>
> It is that quote where an IBM executive states that IBM will fight SCO and
> "darken the skies with lawyers" or something to that extent. Do you know
> what I am talking about and where to find the exact quote?

It was McBride, predicting IBM's response:

     From what I hear, IBM will blacken the Utah sky with lawyers.

Here:

    http://www.crn.com/sections/BreakingNews/breakingnews.asp?ArticleID=41480

    UPDATE: CRN Interview: SCO CEO Defends $1 Billion Lawsuit Against IBM
    By Paula Rooney, CRN
    Salt Lake City
    2:57 PM EST Thurs., Apr. 24, 2003

> I am supposed to give a speech at this event (in Kista, Sweden) next week
> (that's why I need the quote):
> http://www.dfs.se/kompetens/konferenser/default.asp?d=2&id=932
>
> Anyone here going? I can use some moral support .-)

If you'll settle for verbal, but seek the oral type elsewhere ;-)

> Thanks in advance,

Peace.

   GNU/Linux web browsing mini review:  Galeon.  Kicks ass.
     http://galeon.sourceforge.org/