[linux-elitists] quote of the day

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat May 3 02:39:35 PDT 2003

<quote who="Mikael Pawlo">

> It is that quote where an IBM executive states that IBM will fight SCO and
> "darken the skies with lawyers" or something to that extent. Do you know
> what I am talking about and where to find the exact quote?

That was Darl McBride, CEO and President of The SCO Group, in an interview
which must have been written with assistance from George W. Bush's speech
writers, given all the biblical overtones:

  CRN: Have settlement talks begun?

  McBride: The phones are not ringing off the hook. From what I hear, IBM
  will blacken the Utah sky with lawyers.

http://www.crn.com/sections/BreakingNews/dailyarchives.asp?ArticleID=41480

- Jeff

  "Linux continues to have almost as much soul as James Brown." - Forrest
                                 Cook, LWN