Martin Pool mbp@sourcefrog.net
Wed Mar 26 13:54:56 PST 2003

On 26 Mar 2003, Ben Woodard <woodard@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'd say that the features that I use most are:
> // comments, define a variable where I need it rather than at the
> beginning of a codeblock, more explicit kinds of casting, simple classes
> with very little inheritance. STL & other subsets of libstdc++.

I've always wondered what would happen if gcc added support for some
of these to C.  I guess // comments are already there.  Inherited
classes could be added to C without major damage; you can already do
it with macro trickery.

The thing I would most like in C is const_cast, reinterpret_cast,
etc.  That could make it a lot safer.  Perhaps they could be done as
some kind of gcc attribute(())-like system.

--
Martin