[linux-elitists] Our little side project... Just Linux Hardware (dot com)

Ruairi Newman elitist@tech-mad.org
Wed Mar 26 09:38:30 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 17:01, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Michael Bacarella <mbac@netgraft.com> writes:
> >
> > Here is the unborn unreleased please be gentle in criticism
> > version we've come up with so far.
> >
> >     http://justlinuxhardware.com/
> >
> > What do you folks think?
>
> I think it would have been extremely useful before 1998, but these days
> most hardware seems to work in with Linux.  The exception is video
> adapters.  Most old ones work, but new ones are often only supported in

Not only video adaptors.  Also in this day and age DSL adaptors and
wireless kit are good candidates.

Being in Ireland with third world internet connectivity, I've only just
got the option to sign up for DSL.  Once I have that going I'll be
looking into wireless networking.

I'll forward you any information on Linux compatibility I come across if
you think you'd find it useful?

Regards,

Ruairí