Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue Mar 25 22:16:04 PST 2003

begin  Alan DuBoff  quotation:
> There is plenty of free Java software available and lots of stuff
> coded for Tomcat/Xerces/Xalan, much of which is vertical type
> applications.

	The runtimes aren't there.  It's like having C++ but not MFC
-- your claims of portability are lost.  Thus, Java remains a one-off
language with no framework for free software apps to share.

> Java is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

	The above statement is fluff, devoid of purpose.  Please stop
littering your posts with boring truisms.

> There is actually quite a bit of free software and tools available
> to support Java on Linux, and people are using it all the
> time...although I don't have any real numbers for you. Not that it
> would matter, you would most likely contort some pinhead view of the
> world anyway.

	Okay, you're obviously super defensive about Java.  So while
we're here in the land of DuBoff irrationality, maybe you'll tell us
all why you insist on calling Windows "DOS" even though the last
DOS-based version was that ME thing (whichever came after win98).

--

end