Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Tue Mar 25 22:08:33 PST 2003

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 15:14, Martin Pool wrote:
> My very vague memory is that they began from code donated by Sun (?)
> so they're not really represented of a native-born free project.

Missed this the first time around, but Xerces was not donated by Sun, it was
donated by IBM, and it was relicensed and branched off of some other code
they had, but was created as an open source project.

The fact that companies like IBM support and fund open source projects is
really a good thing, IMO.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.