Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Tue Mar 25 22:00:29 PST 2003

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 21:08, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> 	You're looking at proprietary apps.  I'm talking about folks
> who write Free Software here, not pinstripe cubicle slaves.

There is plenty of free Java software available and lots of stuff coded for
Tomcat/Xerces/Xalan, much of which is vertical type applications. Java is a
tool, nothing more, nothing less. There is actually quite a bit of free
software and tools available to support Java on Linux, and people are using
it all the time...although I don't have any real numbers for you. Not that it
would matter, you would most likely contort some pinhead view of the world
anyway.

Whether that code was developed by these so called "pinstripe cubicle slaves"
is probably arguable, since I don't even know what or who they are.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.