[linux-elitists] Streaming Video solution for Linux

Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Sun Mar 16 22:51:34 PST 2003

On Thursday 13 March 2003 15:14, Rick Moen wrote:
> There have actually been three successive specs for the Sorenson
> codec, designated SVQ1, SVQ2, and SVQ3.  You'll find that movie clips
> available currently are Sorenson SVQ3-encoded.  Despite the patent
> threat, mplayer now includes support for all three, yay!
> http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs.html

I've been testing/using mplayer for the past several days and have it setup
as a helper application in Mozilla 1.3, and it seems to play Quicktime fine,
of the ones I've been testing.

I have noticed some garbage on one .mov file, and I'm not using the ms-dos
codec, just the native. This is not a bad client, not bad at all. Thanks for
pointing this out.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.