[linux-elitists] My first look at BitKeeper. (fwd)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sat Mar 15 14:36:40 PST 2003

Quoting Martin Pool (mbp@sourcefrog.net):

> Nice work.  I appreciate the non-flaming way you describe tightening
> of the licence.

Thanks.

[ClearCase:]

> I am not very impressed that the most recent kernel they support is
> about 18 months old.

I've now noted this.

> Subversion can now run over ssh in the same way CVS does, as an
> alternative to WebDAV.  There is no long-lived server, you don't need
> to install apache2, and you don't need to open extra ports.  This was
> a big barrier for adoption in earlier releases.  It might be worth
> mentioning.

Done.  Thank you for your very helpful comments.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers