[linux-elitists] Re: My first look at BitKeeper. (fwd)

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Fri Mar 14 09:02:45 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 08:14:07AM -0800, Dan Wilder wrote:
> > Well, just remember that if you work on a 'competing' SCM (as defined by
> > BitMover) that you are barred from ever using the 'free' copy of BK.  You must
> > pay ~$5k to use it to access otherwise 'free' projects.
>
> If true, that leaves me out in the cold.  I once contributed a few lines
> of code to CVS.

No, go read the license.  Are you currently a cvs developer?  If so,
then yes, you can't use the free version of BitKeeper.  But if you
really want to, you can go buy a copy :)

thanks,

greg k-h