[linux-elitists] Re: My first look at BitKeeper. (fwd)

Lance Simmons lance@lsimmons.net
Fri Mar 14 07:54:20 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:31:23PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Well, just remember that if you work on a 'competing' SCM (as defined
> by BitMover) that you are barred from ever using the 'free' copy of
> BK.

Do you mean that you can't use the "free" BK so long as you work on a
"competing" SCM, or that anyone who has ever worked on a "competing" SCM
is tainted and can never again use the "free" BK, even if he or she no
longer does any work on any SCM?  Both conditions are draconian, but the
latter seems insane.

--
  _
 -o)   Lance Simmons