[linux-elitists] Reading about the SCO stupidity on Slashdot..

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Thu Mar 6 21:23:31 PST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 07:51:23PM -0800, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> Don't look now but they've chosen to pick on the big boys...

	Linux's rapid maturity--for example, growing up to work on large
	multiprocessor servers--is evidence of the presence of Unix
	intellectual property, the SCO suit said. "It is not possible for
	Linux to rapidly reach Unix performance standards for complete
	enterprise functionality without the misappropriation of Unix code,
	methods or concepts to achieve such performance, and coordination by a
	larger developer, such as IBM," the suit said.

So, with SCO dying and all, I wonder who should pick up the Unix
trademark. I hope someone buys it and makes an old-school server
GNU/Linux distribution called Lunix.