[linux-elitists] Reading about the SCO stupidity on Slashdot..

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Mar 6 20:18:23 PST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 07:51:23PM -0800, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> On Thursday 06 March 2003 13:17, Don Marti wrote:
> > Short answer: SCO has no patents.
>
> Don't look now but they've chosen to pick on the big boys...

> Wait until IBM's legal weenies throw those pukes for a loop, 'ol Darl McBride
> won't know what the f#@$ slap'd him upside the head...

Hahahaha:
	"IBM has been happily giving part of the AIX code away to the
	Linux community, but the problem is that they don't own the AIX
	code," he said. "And so it's a huge problem for us. We have been
	talking to IBM in this regard since early December and have
	reached an impasse. This was thus the only way forward for us."

Giving the code to the Linux community?  Yeah right, those AIX engineers
don't even give the Linux engineers the time of day, let alone even let
them so much as sneak a peak at the AIX code.  SCO doesn't stand a
chance of proving what never happens.

Oh, and if in SCO's wildest dreams, what would happen if suddenly all of
the AIX IBM employees stop working on AIX to abide by their wishes.  How
much would they like it as all of those people jump over to Linux with a
ferver.

Either way this was an extreemly dumb move by SCO.

greg k-h