[linux-elitists] Help request -- terminology for Caldera FUD tactics

aicra@well.com aicra@well.com
Mon Jun 30 10:27:36 PDT 2003

How about

SCO: Turning Evolution back into Revolution

OR

SCO: A Lesson on Cashing in on Your Hobby

*** ignore your rights, they'll go away ***
-marcia wilbur

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Willy willy@linuxgazette.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:18:36 -0600 (CST)
To: linux-elitists@zgp.org
Subject: Re: [linux-elitists] Help request -- terminology for Caldera FUD
tactics

> I'm trying to find a good word/phrase to describe what Caldera/SCO and
> its press organs are doing currently regarding GNU/Linux and allegations
> of copyright infringement.
>
> First it was "favor currying publicity stunts"

http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SCOvsIBMResources#Favor_curryin
g_Publicity_Stunts

> Now it's argument by repetition of "What if SCO is right?".  My favorite
> response (not sure if it was Slashdot, LinuxToday, LWN, or Newsforge)
> was "What if SCO is right about _what_?", given that the story has
> changed, and been vague, from day one.
>
> So:  something to capture this whole tarring the GNU/Linux community by
> SCO in a topic?
>
> Peace.

How about "SCO and commentators continue pleonastic litany of FUDstigation"?

FUDmentation also could be used, although the sense might be less active.

Droning might be an alternative to pleonastic, although slightly different
in sense.

Cheers,

Willy Smith