[linux-elitists] Help request -- terminology for Caldera FUDtactics

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Mon Jun 30 09:31:36 PDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

> <quote who="Karsten M. Self">
>
> >    - Argument ad nauseum -- repetition.  The "what if SCO's right" story
> >      has been repeated at least three times, and each of those played i
> >      in several places.
>
>     I think maybe those who ask this question may be wondering if the OSS
> community has a "Plan B". It's fine to be confident but one must not
> be arrogant. Its usually at that point where one gets bit in the soft
> fleshy parts.
>
>     As to "right about _what_", I would think they are referring
> copywrited code in the Kernel.
>
>     J.
>
> --
> Justin F. Knotzke

Let them show us their code, all of it, shown to be the real source by
compilation and comparison of the produced executables with their source
secret shipped binaries, and let them show us their twenty year long audit
trail, attested by affidavits, and timestamps, cryptographically strong for
recent years.

Then we may more efficiently address the question "But is SCO right?" and
we need not deal with "What if SCO is right?".

oo--JS.