[linux-elitists] Help request -- terminology for Caldera FUD tactics

Willy willy@linuxgazette.com
Mon Jun 30 07:18:36 PDT 2003

> I'm trying to find a good word/phrase to describe what Caldera/SCO and
> its press organs are doing currently regarding GNU/Linux and allegations
> of copyright infringement.
>
> First it was "favor currying publicity stunts"
>
>     http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SCOvsIBMResources#Favor_currying_Publicity_Stunts
>
> Now it's argument by repetition of "What if SCO is right?".  My favorite
> response (not sure if it was Slashdot, LinuxToday, LWN, or Newsforge)
> was "What if SCO is right about _what_?", given that the story has
> changed, and been vague, from day one.
>
> So:  something to capture this whole tarring the GNU/Linux community by
> SCO in a topic?
>
> Peace.

How about "SCO and commentators continue pleonastic litany of FUDstigation"?

FUDmentation also could be used, although the sense might be less active.

Droning might be an alternative to pleonastic, although slightly different
in sense.

Cheers,

Willy Smith