[linux-elitists] A modest proposal to web designers of theworld (was Re: Site feedback: fonts too small)

aicra@well.com aicra@well.com
Thu Jun 26 14:28:54 PDT 2003

possibly:

``(3) DISABLING DURING CERTAIN USE.--An administrator, supervisor, or
person authorized by the responsible authority under paragraph (1) may
disable the technology protection measure concerned to enable access for
bona fide research or other lawful purposes."

Use by an adult would be a lawful purpose, IMHO.

but could you get them to do it...

I believe that by mentioning that the filter is there due to the fact they
want to comply to this act for funding, the law is there for the sake of
minors and if you are not a minor, you could mention you are not a minor
and you should not be restricted by this law.

but again, if they don't have computers specifically for adult use and are
installing filters for every computer, just so they can get funding... it
isn't out of bounds to mention that perhaps they can put that funding to
good use by implementing a separate section for children computer use and
adult computer use.

ID required, noone under 18 allowed to use these computers. I ... don't
care much for that concept either.

Also for those under 18, use a browser emulator.