[linux-elitists] A modest proposal to web designers of the world (was Re: Site feedback: fonts too small)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Jun 26 14:20:50 PDT 2003

begin Ron Guerin quotation of Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 04:43:20PM -0400:

> If I understood correctly as I listened in on the News Hour the other
> night, one of the judges mentioned that the filters could be turned off
> if a user over the age of 18 requested it, but that this assertion is
> not actually in that law anywhere.

Rehnquist, O'Connor, Scalia and mini-Scalia, I mean Thomas: CIPA is
constitutional.

Kennedy and Breyer: CIPA is constitutional if librarians will disconnect
filters on request for 18+ patrons.

Stevens, Souter and Ginsburg: CIPA is unconstitutional.

KG6INA