[linux-elitists] A modest proposal to web designers of the world (was Re: Site feedback: fonts too small)

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Thu Jun 26 13:43:20 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 13:28, Don Marti wrote:

> This may be the best way to implement "turning off filters" for
> US libraries, which are now required to run web filters if they
> receive Federal funds, but also required to turn off the filter if
> a user 18 years old or older requests it.

If I understood correctly as I listened in on the News Hour the other
night, one of the judges mentioned that the filters could be turned off
if a user over the age of 18 requested it, but that this assertion is
not actually in that law anywhere.

Anyone know about that?

- Ron