[linux-elitists] SCO employees speak

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Thu Jun 26 10:03:13 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 23:11, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> 	Why else would we call them "Freedom Fries" unless the French
> represent Freedom?

Hmm, of course the modern "french fry" was first cooked in the U.S. and
was a variant on a fried, thinly-sliced potato that was either first
made in Belgium, the U.K., France or the U.S. That later developed into
both the french fry (in the U.S. and the potato chip... not sure on
where the term potato chip was first coined).

So in a way, re-naming it freedom fries is a way of de-frenching this
truely international and uniquely western creation! ;)

--
Aaron Sherman <ajs@ajs.com>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith