[linux-elitists] SCO employees speak

Modus Operandi modus@as220.org
Mon Jun 23 00:36:29 PDT 2003

Jonathan Corbet <corbet-elite@lwn.net> looked into the void, and said:
[...]
> 	http://mirror.lug-nut.com/
[...]
> 	http://www.kuwan.net/scoAntiProtest/index.html
>
> They say great stuff, like:
>
> 	Legalize stupidity, smoke Linux
> 	Give communism a try - free Linux
> 	I [heart] software piracy
>
> and so on.
[...]
> P.S. Blake is also quoted in the Deseret News coverage of the protest.
>
> 	 SCO spokesman Blake Stowell says his company's lawsuit will not
> 	 put an end to Linux. "Linux could still be used; it just wouldn't
> 	 be free," Stowell said.
>
> It seems that investigation of the GPL hasn't gotten too far yet.

  Wow, that photo gallery is great. It's good to see people getting off
  their asses and storming SCO (nee Caldera)'s Utah fortress.

  The anti-Linux signs were completely outrageous. I'm just waiting for
  some of the right-wing elitists who have knee-jerk responses to
  anything remotely "lefty" to realize how much these signs sound like
  their rhetoric. "Stealing software is not a crime in Iraq and parts of
  France" -- that's great! Time to give France the credit it's due for
  MandrakeSoft and other contributions to the Open Source effort. I know
  I would have had problems getting mplayer for debian if it weren't for
  my ability to add:

  #MPLAYER and FLASH
  deb http://marillat.free.fr stable main

  to my /etc/apt/sources.list

  ... so let's hear it for the French! (I spell France "F-R-E-E-D-O-M"!)

--
/home/modus/.signature