[linux-elitists] SCO employees speak

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Sun Jun 22 13:35:31 PDT 2003

Today's amusing episode (actually Friday's, but I'm slow)...:  the Provo
Linux Users Group decides to head on over to SCO's office and hold a little
protest.

	http://mirror.lug-nut.com/

SCO employes head out with a bunch of signs, nicely prepared, and plant
them on company property:

	http://www.kuwan.net/scoAntiProtest/index.html

They say great stuff, like:

	Legalize stupidity, smoke Linux
	Give communism a try - free Linux
	I [heart] software piracy

and so on.

I think I'll drop my buddy Blake a note and ask him if these signs reflect
company policy.

jon

P.S. Blake is also quoted in the Deseret News coverage of the protest.

	 SCO spokesman Blake Stowell says his company's lawsuit will not
	 put an end to Linux. "Linux could still be used; it just wouldn't
	 be free," Stowell said.

It seems that investigation of the GPL hasn't gotten too far yet.