[linux-elitists] Orrin Hatch would blow up his own computer

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 20 21:02:02 PDT 2003

on Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 11:52:15AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet (corbet-elite@lwn.net) wrote:
> > Some folks said that he had a link to a porn site up on his pages for
> > a while, but it turned out to be a utah small business search engine
> > whose domain was harvested by porn squatters to drive up google juice.
>
> This episode was about the only time in my adult life where I have felt any
> sort of sympathy for Orrin Hatch.

Not here.

He's part of the cabal that *makes* the laws.  Laws in which involuntary
possession of an arbitrary arrangement of magnetic allignments on
ferrous plastics can lead to immediate imprisonment of both the plastic
and its owner....

It's refreshing to see the hysteria over various sorts of admittedly
less desirable, but c'mon people, MP3 downloads, skin (of legal age),
and portscanning are among the lesser evils of the world.

> We get a regular stream of "why are you pointing to a porn site?"
> mail.  I'm actually thinking I need to hack up a tool to crawl
> occasionally through LWN's outbound links and find the ones that have
> been "repurposed."  We can't be the only ones contending with this
> one, though; anybody know of an existing tool that would do that?

Jon, if I ever find out you're making the rules in this world, I'll
reconsider, but in the meantime, *you'll* get my sympathy, Orrin gets
jeers.

Peace.

   zIWETHEY: Provocative, super smart, and oh yeah, just a little sexy.
     http://z.iwethey.org/forums/