[linux-elitists] Orrin Hatch would blow up his own computer

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Fri Jun 20 11:07:43 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 13:52, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> This episode was about the only time in my adult life where I have felt any
> sort of sympathy for Orrin Hatch.  We get a regular stream of "why are you
> pointing to a porn site?" mail.  I'm actually thinking I need to hack up a
> tool to crawl occasionally through LWN's outbound links and find the ones
> that have been "repurposed."  We can't be the only ones contending with
> this one, though; anybody know of an existing tool that would do that?

Anything that might help to destroy the incentive for bulk "repurposing"
would be a good thing indeed.  It seems like the most obvious names for
most of everything point either to porn or that "ultimate search" outfit
in Hong Kong.  I'm convinced "ultimate search" hasn't got a real
business any more than 90% of the dot-bust companies did, and I keep
hoping something pulls the rug out from underneath them.

- Ron