[linux-elitists] Orrin Hatch would blow up his own computer

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Fri Jun 20 10:52:15 PDT 2003

> Some folks said that he had a link to a porn site up on his pages for
> a while, but it turned out to be a utah small business search engine
> whose domain was harvested by porn squatters to drive up google juice.

This episode was about the only time in my adult life where I have felt any
sort of sympathy for Orrin Hatch.  We get a regular stream of "why are you
pointing to a porn site?" mail.  I'm actually thinking I need to hack up a
tool to crawl occasionally through LWN's outbound links and find the ones
that have been "repurposed."  We can't be the only ones contending with
this one, though; anybody know of an existing tool that would do that?

jon