[linux-elitists] Linux Consultants Lunch Thurs, June 19th

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Thu Jun 19 14:11:09 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 01:24:50PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 08:58:06AM -0700, Marc MERLIN said:
> >
> > To each his own, you have more words for "moron" and "ignorant"
>
> Actually, were you more erudite, you might know that those both come to
> us from Europe; moron from German, and ignorant from French, albeit
> originally from Latin.

moron comes from Greek, go look it up, as for ignorant, I think I should
know it came from French and Latin. That's irrelevant.

But if your point is that the words came from Europe, I could say that
Europeans had to invent those words to categorize certain of the people they
met.  I'll let everyone decide who those people are.

But seriously, you made a 2 cent pass at the French, which was in no way
witty or intelligent, but just a stupid rehashing of a very worn non funny
joke, which puts you at the same level than some of the idiots that run this
country (can you say "freedom fries"?)
You got called on it, so now don't try to hide behind where a word allegedly
came from or not, which doesn't change who you are or what you represent.

*PLONK*

Marc