[linux-elitists] Any SCO source licensees present (or known?)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 18 16:38:47 PDT 2003

on Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:01:13PM -0700, Ben Woodard (ben@zork.net) wrote:
> A friend and I have been discussing doing what Egan just did. My friend
> even did some coding. In the discussion, we got an idea that may
> increase the number of hits. Run the code through a code beautifier
> before you shred it. Evidently that is what the BSD folk did when they
> were trying to prove the differences between BSD and SysV. The work was
> done by Keith Bostic and evidently the original code is in the CVS
> repository.

See notes at http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SCOvsIBM

Google plagiarism diff md5

...there are a number of tricks and methods out there.  I'll toss a
stash of links when I get home (running for the bus now).

Peace.

   The golden rule of technical design:  complexity is the enemy.