[linux-elitists] Linux Consultants Lunch Thurs, June 19th

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Wed Jun 18 14:08:38 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:00:03AM -0700, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 June 2003 23:44, Nick Moffitt spew'd:
> > 	"utility" is the noun form of an existing verb, "to use".  It
> > doesn't need to be transformed BACK into a verb via some ridiculous
> > means.  "utilize" and "utilization" should be striken from the
> > language and replaced outright with "use" (pronounced according to
> > meaning).
> "who gives a f#@$" is American slang and what's really cool about it is that
> you can enahance it to "who gives a flying f#@$" where flying is typically a
> verb, but in this case it acts as a noun to f#@$. American slang can be
                                      ^^^^
	I think "adjective" is how you spell that, but it's been a
	couple decades since 8th grade english, so ICBW.

--
"d00d! When the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY thinks their privacy invasion
has bad publicity repercussions, you might want to think twice about