[linux-elitists] Any SCO source licensees present (or known?)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Jun 18 09:11:00 PDT 2003

begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 04:23:25PM +0100:

> The Inquirer posts the following algorith for doing an MD5 based file
> comparison of Linux and SCO kernel sources:

maddog suggested "The software and text similarity tester SIM"
available from http://www.cs.vu.nl/~dick/sim.html

Scott McNealy brainlessly threw in with the McBride FUD bandwagon
with an ad today in the Mercury News (I have a copy; it looks like
this: http://www.sun.com/datacenter/migration/aix/AIX_WSJ.pdf and
points here: http://www.sun.com/datacenter/migration/aix/) and
now HP is jumping in with its own criticisms of big SPARC boxes:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10064

I can't wait for some other proprietary Unix vendor to pile on
with "Yeah, well Itanic SUX0rz!!!!"  Nobody does counterproductive
bickering like Unix vendors...nobody.  That's why the "Unix" area
on a market share chart is a little skinny wedge that peters out
in the future.

This is all making IBM look so professional and competent.  I'm going
to start a Trink Guarino fan site.

KG6INA