Anyone feel like a little DMCA? (was Re: [linux-elitists] New claim against SCO, has legal implications)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 16 21:43:30 PDT 2003

on Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 07:54:44PM -0400, Jeff Kinz (jkinz@kinz.org) wrote:

> Linux kernel developer threatens SCO with copyright suit:
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/16/1055615709059.html

I'm still waiting for Caldera/SCO to be served with 17 USC 512(c)(1)(C)
takedown notices.

When this affair first started, my thinking was that such a claim would
only affect Caldera/SCO's GNU/Linux products.  Now it appears that a
credible case against UnixWare might be possible.

Hypothetically, the takedown could be applied to their online presense
software itself, given the company appears to be running some weird
hippy Finnish OS....

    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.sco.com

Such a legal DoS would be truly nefarious....

Peace.

   At the sound of the toner, boycott Lexmark:  trade restraint via DMCA.
    http://news.com.com/2100-1023-979791.html