[linux-elitists] SCO drops its bomb

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 16 16:38:35 PDT 2003

Quoting Mikael Pawlo (mikael@pawlo.com):

> It is hardly that easy in any Western jurisdiction.

...and moreover happens only if the court grants the requested
injunction, following plaintiff convincing the court that (1) there's a
serious cause of action, and that (2) damages alone wouldn't suffice,
absent defendant (or some third party) also being enjoined from
continuing whatever he's doing.

It's my understanding that courts apply a very high burden of proof to
such motions, often holding an evidentiary hearing on the question, yes?

--
Cheers,              First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing, for
Rick Moen            verbing weirds language.  Then, they arrival for the nouns