SCO, nee' Caldera Re: [linux-elitists] Modern SCO Executive

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 13 11:03:42 PDT 2003

on Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 10:53:45AM +1000, Martin Pool (mbp@samba.org) wrote:
> On 12 Jun 2003, "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > So, what's IBM's response going to be tomorrow?  One regular coffee says
> > it's to file an injunction on SCO's revocal of license.
> >
> > Nothing really showing any particular concern.  Effectively blowing
> > SCO's threat out of the water.
>
> I'm quite amused by the subtle forshadowing of the company's previous
> name:
>
>   caldera
>        n : a large crater caused by the violent explosion of a volcano
>            that collapses into a depression

You know, I should have seen that.  I *really* should have seen that.

I mean, *really*.

    http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=104414

Twelve days ago, too.

Peace.

    In his dream he was walking late at night along the East Side,
    beside the river which had become so extravagantly polluted that new
    lifeforms were now emerging from it spontaneously, demanding welfare
    and voting rights.
    -- HHGTG